St. Lukes Toll Booth
Octagonal toll booth, built around 1880. Situated at the busy junction of St. Luke's Cross. Livestock and produce entering the City had to pay tolls or tax, and a network of stations, manned by Toll Collectors, covered all approaches. Tolls were abolished in 1927. Renovated in recent years by Cork City Council, the booth has become a symbol of the cross.